Massive Dam In Alaska's Denali Region?!
The second tallest dam in America has been proposed in the heart of a treasured Alaskan wilderness. It's a bad idea. Among the many negative impacts of damming the Susitna River would be:
- Wild salmon runs devastated - all 5 species of wild Alaska salmon
- Long-term jobs lost; visitor, recreation, and hunting economies reduced
- Caribou, bear, moose, and migratory bird habitat irreparably damaged
- Funding diverted from more urgent energy needs
- Public safety threatened by locating a dam in an active earthquake zone
Help Stop the Dam!Already more than 15,000 people and many organizations oppose the Susitna dam. Every name counts. Together we become a powerful voice. Together we can stop this huge mistake from happening. Add your name in the form below to receive updates and action alerts-- only important stuff, occasionally, not a barrage of junk. We will not share your email address.
Current schedule of showings: Homer: Homer Theatre, Thursday, September 18th, 7PM Soldotna: Kenai River Center, Saturday, September 20th, 7PM Willow: Willow Community Center, Friday, October 3rd, 6PM Fairbanks: UAF Wood Center, Saturday, October 11th, 6PM Juneau: At the American Fisheries Society-AK Chapter annual meeting, Wednesday October 22 – details coming soon! For more about DamNation see our earlier post…