Massive Dam In Alaska's Denali Region?!
The second tallest dam in America has been proposed in the heart of a treasured Alaskan wilderness. It's a bad idea. Among the many negative impacts of damming the Susitna River would be:
- Wild salmon runs devastated - all 5 species of wild Alaska salmon
- Long-term jobs lost; visitor, recreation, and hunting economies reduced
- Caribou, bear, moose, and migratory bird habitat irreparably damaged
- Funding diverted from more urgent energy needs
- Public safety threatened by locating a dam in an active earthquake zone