Massive Dam In Alaska's Denali Region?!
The second tallest dam in America has been proposed in the heart of a treasured Alaskan wilderness. It's a bad idea. Among the many negative impacts of damming the Susitna River would be:
- Wild salmon runs devastated - all 5 species of wild Alaska salmon
- Long-term jobs lost; visitor, recreation, and hunting economies reduced
- Caribou, bear, moose, and migratory bird habitat irreparably damaged
- Funding diverted from more urgent energy needs
- Public safety threatened by locating a dam in an active earthquake zone
Help Stop the Dam!Already more than 15,000 people and many organizations oppose the Susitna dam. Every name counts. Together we become a powerful voice. Together we can stop this huge mistake from happening. Add your name in the form below to receive updates and action alerts-- only important stuff, occasionally, not a barrage of junk. We will not share your email address.
The DamNation film will be showing at Salmonstock, on Saturday (Aug 2) and Sunday (Aug 3). Tentative time is 1pm. Don’t miss it, Salmonstockers! Current schedule of showings: Seward: Marine Science Center, Saturday, August 16th, 6PM Salmonstock (Ninilchik): Saturday/Sunday August 2nd & 3rd For more about DamNation see our earlier post…